Sunday, 16 December 2012

Not for the fearful

Distance is not for the fearful, it's for the bold. It's for those willing to spend a lot of time alone - except you never really are - for a little time with the one they love. It's for those who know a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough. 
We are separated by 9,592.75 kilometers, as the crow flies.

I don't miss you alone, I miss you and me together, and missing you gets easier by the day because though, with each passing day, I am one day further from the last time I saw you, at the same time I am one day closer to the next time I will.

On ne peut pas vivre d'amour et d'eau fraiche


i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

                      e.e. cummings

or


Each flower began

in the palm of a hand,
each petal
in origin
a gesture an action
a touching.

Put your garden to my cheek 

your five fingered garden
in another city 
to my cheek.
            John Berger


Four is an inauspicious number here in this country that I currently call home, but five is a good place to pause. 


Madelaine

No comments:

Post a Comment